Whilst we can simplify the office move process into five easy steps, for teams, it can feel like quite an upheaval. Though relocation is exciting and generally represents progress for a business, changes in routine can also be stressful for employees – and the last thing you want is an unhappy team.
At best, picking an office that doesn’t suit your team will damage morale, but at worst, it could cause people to leave the company. That’s why it’s important to involve everybody in the decision-making process from the very beginning.
Fortunately, the prevalence of free survey creating platforms such as Typeform and SurveyMonkey has made it easier than ever to gather feedback from employees. And just in case you’re not sure what to ask, we’ve collated a list of questions to ensure that you’ve taken everything into account before choosing your new office.
What to ask your team when you’re moving office:
- Where would you most like to be based? (e.g. area/tube line/zone)
- Is there anywhere you would actively not like to be based?
- Would you prefer an open plan setup or smaller, more private offices?
- Would you rather work in self-contained office or a coworking space?
- Is there anything that you feel our current office is lacking that could improve your work environment?
- Which of these office facilities do you consider the most important? (Pick 5)
- Breakout space
- Inventory storage
- Meeting rooms
- Secure access
- Mailing address
- Trading address
- Phone booths
- 24-hour access
- Disabled access
- Printing facilities
- Fast internet
- Which of these nice-to-have facilities would you enjoy the most? (Pick 5)
- Free beer/wine
- Fruit and snacks
- Roof terrace
- Bike storage
- Onsite cafe
- Event space
- Pets allowed
- Sum up your ideal office environment in a few words. (e.g. bright but quiet, with lots of networking opportunities)
- Any other comments or suggestions?
You can search by all of the facilities outlined above on the Hubble platform – as well as by location, budget, and office type. Our experienced tenant advisors are also always happy to help, so you can find the perfect office for your team in no time at all, and with minimal fuss.