Hubble Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.hubblehq.com (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of Spacious Ltd trading as Hubble (we, us and our). For the purposes of GDPR and any relevant UK legislation, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want your personal information distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
Hubble processes the beforementioned information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract and given our legitimate interest in improving Hubble services and our Users’ experience with the website.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device. See Cookies and other technologies for more information.
We may record calls with you for internal learning purposes. Our legitimate interest to do this will generally not be overridden by your rights because access to call recordings will be limited to the staff who needs such access, our storage time will not be longer than two months, plus we will delete the recording if you exercise your right to object by getting in touch with us.
We may collect information through the Site as to your location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you, in order to deliver content, advertising or other services that are dependent on knowing where you are. This information may also be collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the Site.
You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by changing the settings on your browser.
Cookies and other technologies
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
- remember that you have visited us before. This means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with users; and
- gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and includes information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Site which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
|Cookie Type||Cookie Filenames||Purpose||Active on this site||More Information|
|Essential Site Cookies||Various||Site cookies are essential to the operation of this website. They are usually set when you first visit the site and deleted when you close your browser. If blocked, this site will not operate correctly||Yes||n/a|
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visited.||Yes||You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
Uses made of your information
We use your personal information which we collect to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request including Enquiries and/or arranging Viewing Appointments (as defined in our Website Terms);
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
For the avoidance of doubt, by registering to use our Site and/or making an Enquiry or Viewing Appointment, you give us your consent to share your personal information with Office Providers and/or Clients (as defined in our Website Terms) as appropriate.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and any Licenses (as defined in our Website Terms) entered into through use of the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA.
Third party processors have limited access to your information to perform tasks to improve Hubble services or to adequately perform contractual obligation. Hubble only with U.S. based processors that are EU-US Privacy Shield certified, and where the processor that are located outside the EEA, Hubble is committed to transparency principle as required by the GDPR and processes customers’ data only in countries that provide an adequate level of protection in the light of GDPR requirements.
You have a legal right under GDPR and any relevant UK legislation to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Under the GDPR, You are allowed to exercise certain rights in relation to your Personal Data. These rights include:
- You can ask to receive certain information about Hubble’s processing activities (right to be informed). You have also a right to be notified in the (unlikely) case of a Personal Data breach which could result in high risk to your rights and freedoms.
- Data Subjects can request access to the Personal Data that Hubble holds on them through a “Subject Access Request” (SAR). You can email Hubble at email@example.com.
- You can request that Hubble changes inaccurate or incomplete data (right to rectification)
- Data Subjects can ask Hubble to erase Personal Data if it is no longer required for Hubble to hold it for the purposes for which it was collected or processed. This is known as “the right to be forgotten”;
- You can restrict processing of their Personal Data in specific circumstances, and prevent processing of their Personal Data that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
- You can, in limited circumstances, receive or ask for their Personal Data to be transferred to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format (data portability)
- You can withdraw their consent to the processing of their Personal Data at any time (the right to object); prevent Hubble’s use of their Personal Data for direct marketing purposes; challenge teh processing of their Personal Data which has been justified on the basis of Hubble’s legitimate interests or in the public interest; and make a complaint to the ICO;
- Data Subjects can object to decisions by Hubble based solely on Automated Processing of their Personal Data, including profiling; currently Hubble takes no decisions on such basis.
Hubble retains your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Hubble or to comply with legal obligations. In any case, we do not retain data for a period exceeding 6 years as prescribed by UK law. If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your personal information.